Volunteer Core Group
Former Executive Committees
Peace Monitoring Project
News And Updates
Vacancy Announcement for the position of Program Officer
Sixth Quarterly Report “Trends in Violence and Contestation in Nepal, April – June 2018”
Interaction Program on ‘The Nepal Peace Monitor Project’s Annual Review 2017’
Fifth Quarterly Report “Trends in Violence and Contestation in Nepal, January – March 2018”
Strategic planning meeting held
launch of Incident Monitoring Report 2017: “Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – Trends of Gender Based Violence and Discrimination against Women and Dalits.”
Panel Discussion “20th Anniversary of the UN Declaration on Human Rights Defenders and Relevance for Today”
११ औं त्रैमासिक प्रतिवेदन अक्टुवर देखी डिसेम्वर- २०१७
Analysis Update- 18, Political Incident after Parliamentary and Provincial Elections
17 June 2019
Major objectives of organization:
Promotion of human rights and rule of law in the country.
Documenting cases of human rights violations focusing on extra-judicial executions, disappearances, torture and rape.
Providing complete legal aid to the victims of human rights violations.
Introducing juvenile justice system in Nepal.
Contributing towards creating a fair, efficient and accessible justice system in Nepal.
Main areas of involvement (issues)
1. Monitoring / documentation of human rights violations.
2. Promoting juvenile justice system.
3. Legal aid to victims of human rights violations.
4. Lobbying and advocacy.
5. Trainings on human rights documentation.
Major ongoing projects:
On going projects
1. Legal Aid Programme.
2. Child Juvenile.
3. Medical treatment for detainees.
Major planned projects for the future:
Future planned projects
1. Medical treatment for prisoners.
2. Data collection of the violation of Human Rights and nationalize and internationalize it.
3. Legal Aid Project.
4. Human Rights training for Police Officers who are involved in dialogue with prisoners.
Major Strengths of the organization:
1. Cause of the existence of the organization: our contribution can really have an impact in the development of the Nepalese community; therefore, the cause itself is the highest motivating factor to the members of the staff of the organization.
2. Led by committed and strongly motivated young staff, proactive approach.
3. Internal participatory decision making; therefore, shared ownership, empowerment.
4. Sustainable approach; our project’s are designed to bring changes in the system by empowering the stakeholders involved.
5. Politically unbiased; the organization is not involved with any political groups.
6. Transparency; regular evaluation and monitoring system.
7. Strong and fair account and administration system 8. Excellent network with I/NGOs and Line Agencies.
What the organization can contribute to COCAP and its members (three major areas):
1. To campaign against the human rights violations.
2. To share its expertise regarding legal aid and counseling.
3. To provide facts on human rights violations cases.
4. To share knowledge on using different UN mechanisms on human rights issues.
Major expectations from COCAP:
1. Building broad network of grassroot level human rights organizations.
2. Helping in building good relationship and coordination with other human rights organization. 3. Providing technical assistance in resource building and other administrative issues.
4. Assisting in the capacity building of the members of the staff of the organization.
If the organization is implementing projects with financial support from any donor:
Project Title: Promoting juvenile justice system in Nepal
Donor:UNICEF and Save the Children Norway Nepal
Project Period:1 year (July 04 – June 05)
Project Title: Monitoring of human rights violations in Nepal
Donor:Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
Project Period:1 year (August 04 – July 05)
Advocacy Forum (wakalat Manch), Shanti Niketan Marg, Gairidhara, POB # 21798 Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone : 0977-1-4004007/ 4004008
Fax : 01-4437440
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.advocacyforum.org
Date of Establishment 2000-12-05 B.S
Executive Committee Members
1. Ms.Mandira Sharma Chairperson
2. Mr.Rabindra Bhattrai Vice-Chairperson
3. Mr.Binod Shrestha Secretary
4. Ms.Bidhyalaxmi Kandel Treasurer
5. Mr.Hamang Sharma Member
6. Mr.Ram Prasad Sharma Member
7. Mrs.Kopila Adhikari Member
8. Mr.Ram Chandra Giri Member
9. Mr.Yogendra Bhattarai Member
Number of General Members 25
Executive Director L.L.M. Human Rights, U. K. 1
Coordinators L.L.M. Human Rights, H. K. 2
Coordinator L.L.M. IPRs 1
Coordinator L.L.M. Human Rights, Nepal 1
Legal Officer B.L. 8
Administrative B. A. Management (major Intl. Business) 1
Legal Consultant Senior lawyers with experience of more than 10 years
Assistant I. Com.
Phone : Advocacy Forum
Fax : 01-4437440
All Rights Reserved By COCAP Website Powered By