Terms of Reference
Position: Logistics and Finance Assistant
Application Deadline: 14 July 2020
Contract Period: Till May 31, 2021
Probation Period: Three months
Gross Salary: NRs. 25, 000.00 per month
Responsible To: Project lead
Project implementing organization
Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) is a national network of 43 peace and human rights non-governmental organizations from 29 different districts of Nepal. It aims to provide a common space for its members, volunteers and friends to collectively engage in the pursuit for peace, human rights and justice in Nepal. COCAP invites application from eligible Nepalese citizens who are committed, reliable and have ability to deliver results for the post of Logistics and Finance Assistant.
The Innovation for Change (I4C) network is a global network of people and organizations who want to connect, partner and learn together to find innovative approaches to overcome barriers to closing civic space. I4C’s South Asia regional Hub provides an inclusive space to design ideas for creating an enabling environment for civil society to operate in closing spaces. With the support of I4C, COCAP will be implementing the project- Civil Society Innovation Initiative in Nepal to strengthen the role of civil society in order to promote sustainable peace, democratic principles & values, institutionalize social entrepreneurship, create safe-space, and enhance the capacity of journalists & HRDs working to promote civic-space in Nepal.
The Logistics and Finance Assistant will be responsible for the administrative and logistic arrangements and will assist in the financial reporting of the Civil Society Innovation Initiative project. He/she should support the project lead and the administration & finance coordinator and other team members in logistical, financial, and administrative activities to ensure the efficiency of the work and support the implementation of activities. A large component of this role will be to assist and conduct works related to general administration, organize/coordinate events and travel, procurement function, inventory management, including preparation of documentation and resources.
- Provide logistic and administrative support to the project office
- Maintain project documentation, filing, folders and administrative data management.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including booking accommodation and flights, arranging visas and maintain travel/movements calendar
- Coordinate logistics and stakeholder participation for project events (e.g. workshops, training, board meetings, team meetings, seminars etc.) including venue selection, allowance payment and preparation of training/resource materials
- Prepare vendor payment request ensuring all the invoices and supporting documents and process for payment
- Maintain and update preferred service providers/other vendors list
- Provide logistic support in setting up and maintaining the safe-space and project office.
- Manage the petty cash fund of the project office, petty cash transaction payments and reconciliations as per requirement
- Assist in maintaining financial records and filing systems as well as in preparation of monthly/quarterly fund requests for support unit operations.
- Assist with finance operations when required.
- Develop project reports as per requirement
Academic Qualification and Work Experience
- Bachelor in Business Administration/Business Management or any other relevant academic background
- At least 2 years of experience in logistics and financial support with additional knowledge of program reporting
- Strong written and spoken English and Nepali language skills.
- Computing skills with experience in word processing, spread sheets and databases
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and experience in liaising with a range of partners, stakeholders and vendors
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team, while being able to work independently
- If required willingness to travel
How to apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until 14th July 2020.